PowerEdge R730xd Rack Server
Maximize server-based storage flexibility and performance with the remarkable PowerEdge R730xd, part of the new 13th generation of PowerEdge servers. The R730xd offers an optimal balance of storage utilization, performance and cost with an optional in-server hybrid storage configuration that can support tiering and capacity for up to 28 drives in a 2S/2U system, including up to 18 x 1.8" SATA SSDs.
Flash storage anywhere, or everywhere: New flash-capable configurations mean fast data access for faster applications performance. Configurations include 1.8" SATA SSDs, 12Gb SAS SSDs and ultra-high-performance NVMe Express Flash PCIe drives that enable optional Dell Fluid Cache for SAN and SanDisk DAS Cache application acceleration technology.
Unified communications and collaboration
- Flexibly leverage SSDs to maximize application performance. With flexible zoning and dual PERC cards, you can now flexibly leverage SSDs to maximize performance in 4 SSDs + 20 HDDs, 8 SSDs + 16 HDDs or 12 SSDs + 12 HDDs.
- Enhance database performance by using flash drives to cache "hot" data, while simultaneously having up to 48TB2 of server-based storage with NL-SAS/SATA HDDs.
- Increase concurrent usage and system response for OLTP applications by combining NVMe drives and Dell caching solutions.
- Provide efficient, high-performance scale-out storage for IT-as-a-service (XaaS) providers, Big Data (Hadoop) users and co-location hosting by combining traditional hard drives and solid-state flash drives to ensure data is where it's needed, when it's needed.
The PowerEdge R730xd with improved networking throughput and the latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family delivers the performance necessary for your SharePoint, Lync, Exchange and consolidated collaboration environments.
- Enable more, bigger and lower-cost mailboxes with 33 percent greater storage drive capacity than previous generations.
- Improve response times with up to 15 percent greater memory bandwidth than earlier generations and help increase IO performance with the customizable throughput of Dell Select Network Adapters.
- Enhance overall Exchange performance with 12Gb PERC9 RAID controllers, featuring double the cache and throughput over previous generations.
- Optimize Lync performance and responsiveness in virtual environments by directly mapping more VMs to the increased number of physical processor cores.
The latest Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 v4 product family, with up to 22 cores per socket, provides the cycles and threads necessary to support today’s diverse workloads in virtual environments, including virtualized local storage. To further enhance these deployments, the R730xd features:
- DDR4 RAM that supports more, larger and higher-performance virtual machines per node, drawing up to 30 percent less power than previous-generation DDR3 RAM
- Multi-mode RAID controllers with twice the storage bandwidth of previous generations
- Compatibility with software defined storage (SDS) solutions, such as Microsoft Storage Spaces, VMware® Virtual SAN™ (vSAN) and OpenStack Ceph
Intel® Xeon® processor E5 2600 v4 product family
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008 R2
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux
Intel C610 series chipset
Up to 1.5TB (24 DIMM slots): 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB/64GB DDR4 up to 2400MT/s
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
Supported optional hypervisors:
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008, with Hyper-V®
VMware® vSphere® ESXiTM
SAS, SATA, nearline SAS, SSD, PCIe SSD:
Up to 81TB with 18 x 1.8” 960GB SATA SSD = 8 x 3.5” SATA/nearline SAS HDD
Up to 46.8TB with 24 x 2.5” 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD + 2 x 2.5” 1.8TB hot-plug SAS HDD
Up to 131.6TB with 12 x 3.5 8TB nearline SAS HDD = 4 x 3.5 8TB nearline SAS + 2 x 2.5 1.8TB SAS HDD or SSD
Internal hard drive bay and hot-plug backplane:
Up to 18 x 1.8” SSD: SATA
Up to 24 x 2.5” + 2 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, Near-line SAS SSD: SAS, SATA, up to 4 NVMe Express Flash PCIe
Up to 16 x 3.5” + 2 x 2.5” HDD: SAS, SATA, Near-line SAS SSD: SAS, SATA
Slot 1: Half Length, Half Height, PCIe Gen3 x8 (x16 connector) low profile bracket
Slot 2: Half Length, Half Height, PCIe Gen3 x8 (x16 connector) low profile bracket
Slot 3: Half Length, Half Height, PCIe Gen3 x8 (x16 connector) low profile bracket
Slot 4: Full Length, Full Height, PCIe Gen3 x16 (x16 connector)
Slot 5: Full Length, Full Height, PCIe Gen3 x8 (x16 connector)
Slot 6: Full Length, Full Height, PCIe Gen3 x16 (x16 connector)
Dedicated RAID card
4 x 1Gb, 2 x 10Gb
Broadcom® 5719 quad-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 5720 dual-port 1Gb NIC
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb DA/SFP+ CNA
Broadcom 57810 dual-port 10Gb Base-T network adapter
Intel® Ethernet I350 dual-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet I350 quad-port 1Gb server adapter
Intel Ethernet X540 dual-port 10GBASE-T server adapter
Mellanox® ConnectX®-3 dual-port 10Gb Direct Attach/SFP+ server network adapter
Mellanox ConnectX-3 dual-port 40Gb Direct Attach/QSFP server network adapter
Emulex® LPE 12000, single-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPE 12002, dual-port 8Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16000B, single-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex LPe16002B, dual-port 16Gb Fibre Channel HBA
Emulex OneConnect OCe14102-U1-D 2-port PCIe 10GbE CNA
QLogic® 2560, single-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
QLogic 2562, dual-port 8Gb Optical Fibre Channel HBA
Qlogic 2660, single-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
Qlogic 2662, dual-port 16GB, Fibre Channel HBA, full height
1100W AC, 86 mm 13G (Platinum+)
1100W DC, 86 mm 12G (Gold)
750W AC, 86 mm 12G (Platinum)
750W AC, 86 mm 12G (Diamond)
495W AC, 86 mm 12G (Platinum)
Hot-plug hard drives
Hot-plug redundant cooling
Hot-plug redundant power
Internal Dual SD Module
Single Device Data Correction (SDDC)
Support for high availability clustering and virtualization
Proactive systems management alerts
iDRAC8 with Lifecycle Controller
H: 8.73 cm (3.44 in.) x W: 44.40 cm (17.49 in.) x D: 68.40 cm (26.92 in.)