PROMISE Pegasus2 R8 48TB (8 x 6TB) Thunderbolt 2 RAID System
The premier storage choice for creative audio/video professionals and multimedia enthusiasts around the globe, the PROMISE Pegasus2 can now deliver even faster performance with the new 20Gb/s Thunderbolt 2 technology, while assuring enterprise-class reliability and ease of use.
Incredible speed for creative workflows
The Pegasus2 is the fastest Thunderbolt 2 storage solution available, delivering raw power for audio/video/graphics amateurs and professionals alike to experience new capabilities with ease. Final Cut professionals can ingest, edit and play back multiple streams of ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 4444 as well as uncompressed HD 10-bit and 12-bit video, while protecting valuable workflows, audio sessions and other creative media content.
Simple, flexible and cost-effective backup solutions
Fast, safe and reliable external storage is essential when protecting your valuable files such as music, photos and videos. Back up your irreplaceable digital media, documents, and also your entire computer or workstation to Pegasus2 with Time Machine in OS X.
Easy to use, quiet and eco-smart
Pegasus2 systems are user friendly and come preconfigured straight out of the box — so you can just plug in and start using. Status, management tools and advanced settings can be accessed via the built-in Promise Utility. Engineered to be eco friendly and RoHS compliant, Pegasus2 is perfect for SMB environments.
Enterprise-class RAID protection
Pegasus2 features enterprise-level RAID storage protection for your data, supporting a broad range of RAID levels as well as automatic error handling.
About Thunderbolt 2
Thunderbolt is a revolutionary I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices via one simple port and a cable that carries both DisplayPort and PCI Express data. And it’s standard on every Mac.
PCI Express is the technology that links all the high-performance components in a Mac. And it’s built into Thunderbolt, which means you can get PCI Express speed outside the box.
With Thunderbolt 2 now built into the new Mac Pro and MacBook Pro with Retina display, you can connect up to three 4K displays at once. Thunderbolt 2 gives you up to 20 Gbps in both directions, allowing for super-fast data transfer between peripherals. You also have enough bandwidth to daisy-chain multiple high-speed devices without using a hub or switch.
Thunderbolt also provides double the power of USB 3.0, delivering 10 watts to peripherals for improved performance on the go.
- Choice of raw capacities: 24TB of raw capacity (20.7 TB configured RAID 5 and formatted with HFS+); 32TB of raw capacity (27.9 TB configured RAID 5 and formatted with HFS+); or 48TB of raw capacity (42 TB pre-configured to RAID 5, formatted with HFS+)
- Advanced RAID engine, supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10
- Robust error handling provides superior data protection
- Reliable, rugged yet elegant enclosure, ultra-quiet design
- Two Thunderbolt 2 ports for daisy chaining up to six Pegasus units, Apple Thunderbolt Displays, or Mini DisplayPort devices
- Hot-swappable bays for effortless drive access and serviceability
- Built-in Promise Utility for systems management and advanced settings
- Backward compatible with 10 Gb/s Thunderbolt hosts and devices
- Other Features: RAID support, Sleep Mode, Time Machine compatible
- Connections: Thunderbolt
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 31 cm/12.2 in
- Length: 25 cm/9.84 in
- Width: 18.7 cm/7.36 in
- Weight: 11.2 kg/25 lb
What’s in the Box
- Operating System: OS X v10.8.5 or later (OS X Mavericks ready)
- Connection: Available Thunderbolt port
- PROMISE Pegasus2 R8 (24TB model includes eight 3TB 7200-rpm drives; 32TB includes eight 4TB 7200-rpm drives; 48TB model includes eight 6TB 7200-rpm drives)
- Thunderbolt cable
- Power cable
- Quick start guide