PowerEdge R220 Rack Server
Whether it’s your first server or your latest refresh, the space-saving PowerEdge R220 is ideal for a variety of workloads and for organizations of all sizes.
Quiet and compact design
Install your server in a wide range of settings, thanks to a short chassis depth of (15.5") that makes the R220 more compact than competitive servers2. Easily deploy in a short-depth rack, on a countertop or in a data center and have ample space for cabling or for connecting devices to the 5 USB ports. Quiet, office-level acoustics make this server ideal for open-office environments and can reduce noise in data centers.
Easy to deploy and manage
Intuitive systems management features help you simplify IT tasks and save valuable administrative time.
Your application accelerator
- With embedded, agent-free management, you can reclaim hours of time, eliminate steps to perform tasks and reduce the potential for error.
- Deploying, monitoring and managing your PowerEdge servers is made easy with Dell OpenManage Essentials, a simplified systems-management console for managing Dell hardware.
- Have in-band or out-of-band control of physical, virtual, local and remote systems, with or without a software agent, using the integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 7 (iDRAC7) with Lifecycle Controller.
Get the most out of your applications with the Intel® Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 family featuring 33 percent more cache per core3. Help improve response times with up to 32GB of memory4 in four DIMM slots and boost data-transfer speeds with latest-generation PCIe Gen3 I/O.
Reliable, protected and stable
Essential data-protection and reliability features help keep your systems up and running, while long lifecycles help ensure IT stability.
- Protect against data loss and run workloads reliably with hardware RAID options.
- Help maintain data availability with error-correcting memory.
- Gain platform stability and enhance ROI with a multi-year lifecycle.
Intel Xeon® processor E3-1200 v3 product family
Intel Core® I3-4130
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
Novell® SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
4x DDR3 UDIMMs w/ECC
Embedded Hypervisor (Optional)
Yes via USB
2 x 3.5” or 2 x 2.5”
Default SATA; Optional SAS and SSD
1x PCIe 3.0 x16 slot; full height, half length
Chipset based SATA, PERC S110 (Embedded SW RAID)
6GB SAS HBA
2x GbE LOM w/o TOE
Non-redundant, 250W (80+ Silver); auto-ranging (100V~240V)
iDRAC7 Enterprise with Lifecycle Controller (optional)
IPMI 2.0 compliant
Dell OpenManage Essentials
Dell OpenManage Mobile
Dell OpenManage Power Center
Dell OpenManage Integrations:
Dell OpenManage Integration Suite for Microsoft System Center
Dell OpenManage Integration for
HP Operations Manager, IBM Tivoli® Netcool®, and CA Network and Systems Management
Dell OpenManage Plug-in for Oracle Database Manager
Matrox G200eW w/ 8MB memory integrated in Nuvoton WPCM450 (BMC controller) and supports 2D graphics only.
ReadyRails™ static rails for tool-less mounting in 4-post racks with square or unthreaded round holes or tooled mounting in 4-post threaded hole racks, with support for tooled mounting in 2-post racks.
H: 1.66” (42.4 mm) (without ear/bezel)
W: 17.09” (434 mm) (without ear/bezel)
D: 15.52” (394.3 mm) (without ear/bezel)