Entry-level Motherboard for 760G platform with USB3.0 solution
AMD® FX™ /Phenom™II /Athlon™II /Sempron™ 100 Series Processors (Socket AM3+)
This motherboard supports AMD® AM3+ multi-core processors with unique L3 cache and delivers better overclocking capabilities with less power consumption. It features dual-channel DDR3 memory support and accelerates data transfer rate up to 5200MT/s via HyperTransport™ 3.0 based system bus. This motherboard also supports AMD® CPUs in the new 32nm manufacturing process.
System Level Energy Saving
The new ASUS EPU - the world’s first power saving engine, has been upgraded to a new 4-engine version, which provides total system power savings by detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power in real-time. The EPU automatically provides the most appropriate power usage for the CPU, VGA card, hard drives and CPU cooler fan - helping save power and money.
ASUS Anti-Surge Protection
Anti-Surge Protection Design detects overvoltage conditions and prevents voltage surges from spreading in real time. It also actively cuts off the overvoltage supply to protect the system.
1. Real-time over voltage detection.
2. Active protection against potential damage to your motherboards and systems.
Protect You A special low-radiation design shields you from harmful electromagnetic exposure by eliminating 50% of radiation.
1. Radiation Deduction Design minimizes harmful electromagnetic radiation output with exclusive circuit design to cancel electrical charge.
2. The Radiation Moat Design effectively blocks radiation to prevent discharge spread.
Protect Your Computer with ESD Guards. Electrostatic discharge (ESD) conditions can happen while plugging or unplugging any USB peripherals-causing damage to the computer. ASUS ESD Guards clamp the ESD voltage and shunt the majority of the ESD current away for a more reliable computing environment.
Unleash True Core Performance Intelligently
ASUS Core Unlocker simplifies the activation of a latent AMD® CPU—with just a simply key. Enjoy an instant performance boost by simply unlocking the extra cores, without performing complicated BIOS changes.
ASUS Fan Xpert intelligently allows you to adjust the CPU and chassis fan speeds according to different ambient temperatures caused by different climate conditions in different geographic regions and your PC’s loading. The built-in variety of useful profiles offer flexible controls of fan speed to achieve a quiet and cool environment.
Simply update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS
EZ Flash 2 is a user-friendly BIOS update utility. Simply launch this tool and update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. You can update your BIOS only in a few clicks without preparing an additional floppy diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.
8-channel high definition audio
Enjoy high-end sound system on your PC! The onboard 8-channel HD audio (High Definition Audio, previously codenamed Azalia) CODEC enables high-quality 192KHz/24-bit audio output, jack-sensing feature, retasking functions and multi-streaming technology that simultaneously sends different audio streams to different destinations. You can now talk to your partners on the headphone while playing a multi-channel network games. All of these are done on one computer.
** Use the chassis with HD audio module in the front panel to support 8-channel audio output.
The motherboard is European Union´s Energy-related Products (ErP) ready, and ErP requires products to meet certain energy efficiency requirements in regards to energy consumptions. This is in line with ASUS vision of creating environment-friendly and energy-efficient products through product design and innovation to reduce carbon footprint of the product and thus mitigate environmental impacts.
USB 3.0 support
Experience ultra-fast data transfer at 4.8Gbps with USB 3.0 – the latest connectivity standard. Built to connect easily with next-generation components and peripherals, USB 3.0 transfers data 10 times faster and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 components.
- AM3+ CPU Support Ready
- Core Unlocker- Unlock true Core performance intelligently
- Anti-Surge- Full-time Power Guardian-Make System Free From Risk
- ASUS EPU- System Level Energy Saving
- Low EMI- protect you - 50% less radiation
AMD AM3+ FX™/Phenom™ II/Athlon™ II/Sempron™ 100 Series Processors
Supports CPU up to 125 W
AMD Cool 'n' Quiet™ Technology
AMD 760G (780L)/SB710
2 x DIMM, Max. 16GB, DDR3 1866/1600/1333/1066 MHz ECC, Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
* Due to OS limitation, when installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows® 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Install a 64-bit Windows® OS when you want to install 4GB or more memory on the motherboard.
* AMD FX Series CPU on this motherboard supports up to DDR3 1866MHz as its standard memory frequency.
* Due to CPU spec., AMD AM3 CPUs on this motherboard support up to DDR3 1333MHz.
Integrated ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 GPU
- Supports DVI with max. resolution 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz
- Supports RGB with max. resolution 2560 x 1440 @ 75 Hz
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
Hybrid CrossFireX™ Support *1
Supports DirectX 10
- Expansion Slots
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16
1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
1 x PCI
Built-in Controller :
4 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), blue
Support Raid 0, 1, 10, JBOD
Realtek® 8111GR, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC *2
Audio Feature :
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- USB Ports
Built-in Controller :
8 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (4 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)
ASMedia® ASM1042 controller :
2 x USB 3.0 port(s)
- Special Features
ASUS Power Design :
- ASUS EPU
ASUS Exclusive Features :
- Low EMI Solution
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- ASUS Fan Xpert
ASUS EZ DIY :
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 2
- ASUS MyLogo 2
100% All High-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors
- Back I/O Ports
1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple)
1 x PS/2 mouse (green)
1 x DVI
1 x D-Sub
1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
2 x USB 3.0 (blue)
4 x USB 2.0
1 x COM port(s)
3 x Audio jack(s)
- Internal I/O Ports
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
4 x SATA 3Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x Internal speaker connector(s)
1 x System panel(s)
2 x SATA 3Gb/s cable(s)
16 Mb Flash ROM, AMI BIOS , PnP, DMI v2.0, WfM2.0, SM BIOS V2.5, ACPI V3.0a
- Support Disc
ASUS PC Probe II
Anti-virus software (OEM version)
- Form Factor
mATX Form Factor
9.6 inch x 7.8 inch ( 24.4 cm x 19.8 cm )
*1: For Windows Vista or later versions.
*2: Use a chassis with HD audio module in the front panel to support an 8-channel audio output.