System x3650 M5
- ◦Tackle enterprise workloads with power, efficiency and reliability
- ◦Choose from flexible storage configurations for workload-optimized performance
- ◦Reduce unplanned downtime and minimize costs
- ◦Safeguard enterprise data with built-in System x Trusted Platform Assurance, plus optional self-encrypting drives and IBM Security Key Lifecycle Manager
- ◦Gain superior performance with Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v3 processors (up to 36 cores per server), end-to-end 12 Gbps RAID support—devices and infrastructure—up to four RAID adapters, and up to two 300 W GPUs
- ◦Run up to 131 percent greater java workload performance,‡ up to 61 percent greater virtualization performance,§ and up to 59 percent greater database performance* per system than the previous generation
- ◦Reduce data center costs with smart energy-efficient features, including unique 40° C operating temperature, 80 PLUS® Titanium power supplies (up to 96 percent efficiency), active/standby power supply modes, dual fan zone design, and TruDDR4 Memory (up to 45 percent lower energy use over DDR3)††
- ◦Run more virtual machines and workloads with up to 50 percent more cores and cache and 2x more memory capacity per system than previous generation
‡ Up to 131 percent performance boost based on internal measurements as of June 2014 for representative Java-based workloads, Intel® Xeon® E5-2699 v3 (18C, 2.3 GHz, 145W) vs. Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (12C, 2.7 GHz, 130W)
§ Up to 61 percent performance boost based on internal measurements as of July 2014 for representative virtualization workloads, Intel E5-2697v3 (14C, 2.6 GHz, 145W) vs. Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (12C, 2.7 GHz, 130W)
* Up to 59 percent performance boost based on internal measurements as of June 2014 for representative database workloads, Intel Xeon E5-2699 v3 (18C, 2.3 GHz, 145W) vs. Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 (12C, 2.7 GHz, 130W)
†† 45% claim based on internal measurements of DIMM energy consumption with 16 GB, 2Rx4, 1.5V, DDR3 1866 MHz RDIMM at 3 DPC compared with 16 GB, 2Rx4, 1.2V, DDR4 2133 MHz RDIMM at 3 DPC.
With the powerful, versatile 2U two-socket System x3650 M5 rack server, you can run even more workloads, 24/7, and gain faster business insights. Integrated with up to two Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v3 series and faster TruDDR4 Memory, the x3650 M5 fast forwards your business. You can select from an impressive array of storage configurations (up to 26 drive bays) that optimize diverse workloads from cloud to big data.