Digital satellite TV for your PC. Satellite data services, too!
- Watch free-to-air digital satellite TV in a window on your PC screen
- Listen to digital stereo radio from satellite
- Schedule, record and playback high quality TV & Radio from satellite TV using your PC’s hard disk
- Suitable for DVB data services (e.g. "Internet via Satellite and Satellite
- download/streaming services")
WinTV-NOVA-s has these great features:
- Reception of DVB Data services (max Download speed 40Mbit/s)
- Live digital TV from satellite in a resizeable window
- Digital stereo radio
- Record and playback of digital TV (using MPEG-2 compression)
- Supports Windows® 98/2000/ME/XP
Get digital video broadcasts on your PC: Receive free-to-air digital TV and radio stations directly on your PC! WinTV-NOVA is a single slot DVB receiver board which brings digital satellite broadcasts (TV and radio) to your PC. Digital reception provides incredibly sharp TV pictures and near CD quality radio.
With WinTV-NOVA, you can watch digital TV broadcasts in a resizeable window on your PC screen and listen to digital radio in stereo.
WinTV-NOVA lowers the cost of digital TV reception by using your PC’s processor to decode the TV image. If you have a 400MHz Pentium II or faster, you can use NOVA to display TV while still running other PC’s applications. Surf the net while you watch high quality digital TV.
Personal Digital VCR: With WinTV-NOVA, you can record your digital TV programmes to your hard disk, and play them back in full original digital quality!
Instant teletext: With the teletext decoder of the WinTV-NOVA, you can forget the usual waiting periods during reception of teletext pages. By a simple click of the mouse, you can select and display pages and sub-pages immediately.
Broadband Internet has been developed to speed up the Internet web surfing and downloading performance. To use "Broadband Internet", you need to have an account with a "Broadband Internet" Service, plus an account with a local Internet Service Provider. The Internet access inside a local network over a Proxy server cannot be used.
How "Broadband Internet" Works: First, you connect to the Internet via your local Internet Service provider. Secondly, you log on to your Satellite Internet provider. If you are sending a request for a specified web page, the request goes via your local provider to the Satellite provider. They will then grab the Internet data and send this specified web page via Satellite back to your Computer. The speed is dependent on the satellite provider, however the WinTV-NOVA card is specified to receive and filter up to 40Mbit/s of Data.
- PC with Pentium II Processor
- - min. 233MHz for Data reception
- - min. 400MHz for TV reception)
- Microsoft® Windows® 98/Me/2000/XP
- Free PCI 2.1 Slot
- Sound Card
- CD-ROM Drive
- DirectDraw® - compatible PCI/AGP Graphic card
- Internet Explorer 4.X or higher
- One free Interrupt (IRQ)
- Digital Satellite Dish
(For TV reception an AGP Graphics card and PCI sound card is highly recommended.)
Included in this package
- WinTV-NOVA PCI card
- Software on CD ROM (incl. Manual in PDF Format)
- Quick Installation Guide