Extend your USB device up to 50m!
Using standard CAT5/5e/6 network cable (not included), the CAT5 USB Extender Premium allows the distance between a USB device and a host computer to be extended to incredible lengths, without the need for an external power supply. For most standard devices, including printers, scanners, USB 1.1 webcams etc., it can extend the connection distance by up to 50m. For certain low speed devices, such as keyboards and mice, this can be increased to up to 100m.
The USB Extender Premium consists of a local unit with a USB Type A Male (host computer side) and a remote unit (device side) with a built-in USB Type A Female connector. A low cost network patch cable is required to connect the two units together.
- Simple to install - "Plug & Play"
- Compliant with USB 1.1 specification, OHCI and UHCI
- Extends a single USB port over additional low cost
CAT5/5e/6 network cable (UTP or STP) by up to 50m
- Certain low speed USB devices may work up to 100m
- Bus-powered - no external power supply required for local or remote unit
- Local unit: Type A USB Male & RJ-45 Female
- Remote unit: Type A USB Female & RJ-45 Female
- Stylish transparent plastic housing with silver internal coating
- 100% compatible with USB hubs and other devices
- Compatible with all major USB enabled operating systems
CAT5, 5e or 6 network cable can be used with this product but is not included and must be purchased separately. We supply suitable CAT5e and 6 cable in different lengths and colours.
Click here to see our range.
The USB standard allows a maximum of 5 hubs to be used between a host computer and a device. Depending on the length of the cable used, this CAT5 USB Extender introduces a signal delay equivalent to 2 hubs over 20m; 3 hubs over 30m; and 5 hubs over 50m. Therefore, when using a 50m cable with this Extender, no extra hubs or extension cables can be used between the computer and the device.