||2U rack-mount (Machine Type 8871)
||Up to two processors of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family:
Up to two processors of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family (CTO only):
- Up to 22 cores (2.4 GHz core speeds)
- Up to 3.5 GHz core speeds (4 cores)
- Two QPI links up to 9.6 GT/s each
- Up to 55 MB cache
- Up to 2400 MHz memory speed
- Up to 14 cores with up to 2.6 GHz core speeds
- Two QPI links up to 9.6 GT/s each
- Up to 35 MB cache
- Up to 2133 MHz memory speed
||Up to 24 DIMM sockets (12 DIMMs per processor; four memory channels per processor with three DIMMs per channel). Support for RDIMMs and LRDIMMs. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2400 MHz.
- With RDIMMs: Up to 768 GB with 24x 32 GB RDIMMs and two processors
- With LRDIMMs: Up to 1.5 TB with 24x 64 GB LRDIMMs and two processors
||ECC, Chipkill (for x4-based memory DIMMs), memory mirroring, and memory rank sparing.
||Up to 28 SFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays:
Up to 16 LFF+SFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays:
- 8x 2.5" (front) + 8x 2.5" (front) + 8x 2.5" (front) + 2x 2.5" (rear) + 2x 2.5" (rear)
Up to 10 LFF or LFF+SFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays:
- 12x 3.5" (front) + 2x 3.5" (rear) + 2x 2.5" (rear)
Up to 8 SFF NVMe PCIe SSD hot-swap + SFF SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays:
- 8x 3.5" (front) + 2x 3.5" (rear)
- 8x 3.5" (front) + 2x 2.5" (rear)
- 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA (front) + 4x 2.5" NVMe PCIe (front) + 4x 2.5" NVMe PCIe (front)
- 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA (front) + 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA (front) + 4x 2.5" NVMe PCIe (front)
Intermix of SAS, SATA, and PCIe drives is supported.
- Up to 155 TB with 10 TB 3.5" NL SAS or NL SATA HDDs and 7.68 TB 2.5" SAS SSDs
- Up to 215 TB with 7.68 TB 2.5" SAS SSDs
- Up to 56 TB with 2 TB 2.5" NL SATA HDDs
- Up to 50.4 TB with 1.8 TB 2.5" SAS HDDs
- Up to 16 TB with 2 TB NVMe PCIe SSDs
- 12 Gb SAS/6 Gb SATA RAID:
RAID 0, 1, 10 with M1215 or M5210. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M1215. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M5210 (zero-cache; 1 GB non-backed cache; 1 GB, 2 GB or 4 GB flash-backed cache). Optional upgrade to RAID 6, 60 is available for M5210 (requires a cache upgrade). Optional SSD Caching and Performance Accelerator upgrades are available for M5210.
- 12 Gb SAS/6 Gb SATA non-RAID: N2215 HBA
|Optical drive bays
||One for models with 8x 3.5" or up to 16x 2.5" drive bays (models with 24x 2.5" or 12x 3.5" drive bays do not support an internal optical drive). Support for DVD-ROM or Multiburner.
|Tape drive bays
- 4x integrated RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet ports (BCM5719).
- Optional Mezzanine LOM (ML2) slot for dual-port 10 GbE cards with SFP+ or RJ-45 connectors or quad-port GbE cards with RJ-45 connectors.
- 1x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet systems management port.
|I/O expansion slots
||Up to nine slots. Slots 4, 5, and 9 are the fixed slots on the system planar, and the remaining slots depend on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows:
Slots 5, 6, 7, and 8 require the second processor to be installed.
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (PCIe x16 slot is double-wide)
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (not present if the slot 1 is PCIe x16)
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x8 or ML2; full-height, half-length
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile (vertical slot on system planar)
- Slot 5: PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile (vertical slot on system planar)
- Slot 6: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (PCIe x16 slot is double-wide)
- Slot 7: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, full-length (not present if the slot 6 is PCIe x16)
- Slot 8: PCIe 3.0 x8; full-height, half-length
- Slot 9: PCIe 3.0 x8 (dedicated for an internal storage controller)
- Models with 8x or 16x 2.5" drive bays: 1x USB 2.0 port (standard) or 3x USB 2.0 ports (optional).
- Models with 8x 3.5" drive bays: 3x USB 2.0 ports (standard).
- Models with 24x 2.5" or 12x 3.5" drive bays: 2x USB 2.0 ports (standard).
- 1x DB-15 video port (optional for all models).
- Rear: 2x USB 3.0 and 1x DB-15 video ports. Optional 1x DB-9 serial port.
- Internal: 1x USB 2.0 port (for embedded hypervisor), 1x SD Media Adapter slot (for embedded hypervisor).
||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with up to six redundant hot-swap fans; two fan zones with N+1 fan redundancy.
- Single-rotor fans (base configuration): Four fans standard, additional two fans with the second processor.
- Dual-rotor fans (CTO only; required for the E5-2600 v3 processors; optional for the E5-2600 v4 processors): Six fans standard.
||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W, 750 W, or 900 W (100-240V), or 1500 W (200-240V) High Efficiency Platinum AC power supplies, or 750 W or 1300 W (200-240V) High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies, or 900 W High Efficiency -48 V DC power supplies.
||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2.1. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.
||Hard drives, power supplies, and fans.
||UEFI, Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1) based on Renesas SH7758, Predictive Failure Analysis, light path diagnostics, Automatic Server Restart, ToolsCenter, XClarity Administrator, XClarity Energy Manager. Optional IMM2.1 Advanced Upgrade software feature for remote presence (graphics, keyboard and mouse, virtual media).
||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0 (configurable UEFI setting). Optional lockable front bezel.
||Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (x64) and 7; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x64) and 12; VMware vSphere (ESXi) 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5.
||Three-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5 next business day.
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through Lenovo Services: 4-hour or 2-hour response time, 6-hour fix time, 1-year or 2-year warranty extension, software support for System x hardware and some System x third-party applications.
||Height: 87 mm (3.4 in), width: 434 mm (17.1 in), depth: 755 mm (29.7 in)
||Minimum configuration: 19 kg (41.8 lb), maximum: 34 kg (74.8 lb)