||1U rack-mount (Machine Type 8869)
||Up to two processors of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family:
Up to two processors of the Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 product family (CTO only):
- Up to 22 cores (2.4 GHz core speeds)
- Up to 3.5 GHz core speeds (4 cores)
- Two QPI links up to 9.6 GT/s each
- Up to 55 MB cache
- Up to 2400 MHz memory speed
- Up to 14 cores with up to 2.6 GHz core speeds
- Two QPI links up to 9.6 GT/s each
- Up to 35 MB cache
- Up to 2133 MHz memory speed
||Up to 24 DIMM sockets (12 DIMMs per processor; four memory channels per processor with three DIMMs per channel). Support for RDIMMs and LRDIMMs. Memory types cannot be intermixed. Memory speed up to 2400 MHz.
- With RDIMMs: Up to 768 GB with 24x 32 GB RDIMMs and two processors
- With LRDIMMs: Up to 1.5 TB with 24x 64 GB LRDIMMs and two processors
||Error correction code (ECC), Chipkill (for x4-based memory DIMMs), memory mirroring, and memory rank sparing.
- Up to 12x 2.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays: 10x 2.5" (front) + 2x 2.5" (rear)
- 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap (front) + 2x PCIe SSD non-hot-swap (front) drive bays
- Up to 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays: 4x 2.5" (front) + 4x 2.5" (front)
- 4x 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays (front)
|Maximum internal storage
Intermix of SAS, SATA, and PCIe drives is supported.
- Up to 92 TB with 7.68 TB 2.5" SAS SSDs
- Up to 40 TB with 10 TB 3.5" NL SAS or NL SATA HDDs
- Up to 24 TB with 2 TB 2.5" NL SATA HDDs
- Up to 21.6 TB with 1.8 TB 2.5" SAS HDDs
- Up to 4 TB with 2 TB NVMe PCIe SSDs
- 12 Gb SAS/6 Gb SATA RAID: RAID 0, 1, 10 with M1215 or M5210. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M1215. Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M5210 (zero-cache; 1 GB non-backed cache; 1 GB, 2 GB, or 4 GB flash-backed cache). Optional upgrade to RAID 6, 60 is available for M5210 (requires a cache upgrade). Optional SSD Caching and Performance Accelerator upgrades are available for M5210.
- 12 Gb SAS/6 Gb SATA non-RAID: N2215 HBA
|Optical drive bays
||One, optional, for models with 4 or 8 drive bays (models with 10 drive bays do not support an internal optical drive). Support for DVD-ROM or Multiburner.
|Tape drive bays
||None. Support for an external backup unit.
- 4x Integrated RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T ports (BCM5719).
- 1x Optional Mezzanine LOM (ML2) slot for dual-port 10 GbE cards with SFP+ or RJ-45 connectors or quad-port GbE cards with RJ-45 connectors.
- 1x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mb Ethernet systems management port.
|PCI Expansion slots
||Up to four slots, depending on the riser cards installed. The slots are as follows:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x16 or ML2; low profile, half-length (not present if the HDD Rear Kit is installed)
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile or full-height, half-length (PCIe 3.0 x16 slot requires the second processor to be installed) (not present if the HDD Rear Kit is installed)
- Slot 3: PCIe 3.0 x16 or PCIe 3.0 x8; low profile, half-length
- Slot 4: PCIe 3.0 x8 (dedicated for an internal storage controller)
- 4x 3.5" and 10x 2.5" drive bay models: 3x USB 2.0 and 1x DB-15 video ports.
- 8x 2.5" drive bay models: 1x USB 2.0 (standard); or 2x USB 2.0 and 1x DB-15 video ports (optional).
- Rear: 2x USB 3.0 and 1x DB-15 video ports. Optional 1x DB-9 serial port.
- Internal: 1x USB 2.0 port (for embedded hypervisor), 1x SD Media Adapter slot (for embedded hypervisor)
||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with up to seven redundant hot-swap system fans (five fans standard, two additional fans with the second processor or with the optional fan kit for models with one processor and with select adapters used); dual fan zones with N+1 fan redundancy; each fan has two motors.
||Up to two redundant hot-swap 550 W, 750 W, or 900 W (100-240V), or 1500 W (200-240V) High Efficiency Platinum AC power supplies, or 750 W (200-240V) High Efficiency Titanium AC power supplies, or 900 W High Efficiency -48 V DC power supplies.
||Hard drives, power supplies, and fans.
||Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1) based on Renesas SH7758, Predictive Failure Analysis, light path diagnostics, Automatic Server Restart, ToolsCenter, XClarity Administrator, and XClarity Energy Manager. Optional IMM2.1 Advanced Upgrade for remote presence (graphics, keyboard and mouse, virtual media).
||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0 (configurable UEFI setting). Optional lockable front bezel.
||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2.1. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.
||Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (x64) and 7; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x64) and 12; VMware vSphere (ESXi) 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5.
||Three-year customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5/Next Business Day.
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through the Lenovo Services: 4-hour or 2-hour response time, 6 hours fix time, one-year or two-year warranty extension, software support for System x hardware and selected System x and third-party (Microsoft, Linux, VMware) software.
||Height: 43 mm (1.7 in), width: 434 mm (17.1 in), depth: 734 mm (28.9 in)
||Minimum configuration: 13.8 kg (30.4 lb), maximum: 19.3 kg (42.5 lb)