- Intel Xeon processor E3-1200 v5 product family with four cores up to 3.7 GHz, 8 MB cache, and 2133 MHz memory speed; or
- Intel Core i3 processor 6100/6300 product families with two cores up to 3.9 GHz, up to 4 MB cache, and 2133 MHz memory speed; or
- Intel Pentium processor G4400/G4500 product families with two cores up to 3.6 GHz, 3 MB cache, and 2133 MHz memory speed; or
- Intel Celeron Processor G3900 product family with two cores up to 2.9 GHz, 2 MB cache, and 1866 MHz memory speed.
||Four DIMM sockets. Support for ECC UDIMMs. Memory speeds up to 2133 MHz.
Up to 64 GB with 4x 16 GB UDIMMs
||Error correction code (ECC).
- Up to 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays
- 4x 3.5" SAS/SATA hot-swap drive bays
- Up to 8x 2.5" SATA Simple Swap drive bays
- 4x 3.5" SATA Simple Swap drive bays
- 12 Gb SAS HDDs up to 1.8 TB
- 12 Gb Nearline (NL) SAS HDDs up to 2 TB
- 6 Gb NL SATA HDDs up to 2 TB
- 6 Gb SATA SSDs up to 1.6 TB
Intermix of SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs is supported within a system, but not within a RAID array.
- 12 Gb NL SAS HDDs up to 8 TB
- 6 Gb NL SATA HDDs up to 8 TB
- 6 Gb SATA SSDs up to 1.6 TB
|Internal storage capacity
- Up to 32 TB with 8 TB 3.5" NL SAS or NL SATA HDDs
- Up to 16 TB with 2 TB 2.5" NL SAS or NL SATA HDDs
- Up to 14.4 TB with 1.8 TB 2.5" SAS HDDs
- Up to 12.8 TB with 1.6 TB 2.5" SATA SSDs
- 6 Gb SATA RAID: RAID 0, 1, 10, 5 with C110.
- 12 Gb SAS/6 Gb SATA RAID: RAID 0, 1, 10 with M1210, M1215, or M5210.
Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M1210, M1215.
Optional upgrade to RAID 5, 50 is available for M5210 (zero-cache; 1 GB non-backed cache; 1 GB, 2 GB, or 4 GB flash-backed cache).
Optional upgrade to RAID 6, 60 is available for M5210 (requires a cache upgrade).
Optional SSD Caching and Performance Accelerator upgrades are available for M5210.
- 12 Gb SAS/6 Gb SATA non-RAID: N2215 HBA.
|Optical drive bays
||One. Support for DVD-ROM or Multiburner.
|Backup drive bays
||None. Support for an external backup unit.
||2x Integrated Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-T ports (RJ-45 with the onboard Intel I350-AM2 controller; one port is configured as a dedicated or shared network/systems management port.
|I/O expansion slots
||Two PCIe slots:
- Slot 1: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x4-wired); custom low profile, dedicated for the M1210 controller.
- Slot 2: PCIe 3.0 x8 (x8-wired); full-height, half-length.
- Front: 2x USB 3.0 ports.
- Rear: 2x USB 3.0 and 1x DB-15 VGA ports. Optional 1x DB-9 serial port.
- Internal: 1x USB 3.0 port (for embedded hypervisor).
||Calibrated Vectored Cooling with four non-hot-swap system fans.
||One 300 W AC (100 - 240 V) fixed power supply (80 PLUS Gold); or up to two redundant hot-swap 460 W AC (100 - 240 V) power supplies (80 PLUS Gold, Energy Star 2.0).
||Hard drives (select models) and power supplies (select models).
||Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI), Integrated Management Module II (IMM2.1) based on Renesas SH7758, Predictive Failure Analysis, system LEDs, Automatic Server Restart, ToolsCenter, and Lenovo XClarity Administrator. Optional IMM Advanced Upgrade for remote presence (graphics, keyboard and mouse, virtual media).
||Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 or 2.0 (configurable UEFI setting). Optional lockable front bezel.
||Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2.1. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.
||Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, and 2016; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 (x64) and 7, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (x64) and 12, VMware vSphere (ESXi) 5.5, 6.0, and 6.5.
||Three-year (Machine Type 3633) or one-year (Machine Type 3943) customer-replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty with 9x5/Next Business Day.
|Service and support
||Optional service upgrades are available through the Lenovo Services: 4-hour or 2-hour response time, 8 hours fix time, one-year or two-year warranty extension, remote technical support for System x hardware and selected System x and third-party (Microsoft, Linux, VMware) software.
||Height: 43 mm (1.7 in), width: 435 mm (17.1 in), depth: 576 mm (22.7 in)
||Minimum: 8.6 kg (19.0 lb), maximum: 13.7 kg (30.1 lb)