SG20 Healthcare 2D Imager
Important hospital verification processes don't need to impact productivity. Minimize the time and effort to read bar codes with the fastest 2D healthcare scanner on the market. Designed with ergonomics and the hospital environment in mind, the SG20 healthcare scanner features a housing made of disinfectant-ready materials.
High Performance Scanning Fit for Healthcare Applications
Innovations in hospital information management systems and compliance with government regulations have improved patient tracking, safety, and records keeping. Scanners are a vital input device into these systems but are often slow, unreliable and not well-suited to the rigors of hospital environments. The SG20 is built to excel in the hospital, with the industry's fastest omnidirectional 2D bar code reading technology and more motion tolerance than competing devices. This ensures all common 1D and 2D bar codes are scanned easily and consistently, at any orientation, without time-consuming item repositioning or disturbance to resting patients.
A variety of communication options make the transition to automatic bar code data capture fast and easy. Connecting to your existing infrastructure is easy with support for USB, RS232, and keyboard wedge cable interfaces – as well as optional Bluetooth® wireless connectivity.
Perfectly Matched to Your Needs
When used in a healthcare setting, data collection devices are often used at the point of care where infection control is crucial. The disinfectant-ready housing of the SG20, when combined with a protocol of frequent disinfecting, can minimize the spread of infectious diseases while providing years of reliable service under these conditions.
Intermec understands that a "one-size-fits-all" approach to healthcare scanning can limit user efficiency and accuracy, so the SG20 family includes the option of either a Bluetooth wireless or tethered (cabled) scanner, and a choice between high performance scan engines with laser or LED aimers--perfect for patient-facing applications. This makes it possible to standardize on a single scanner family across your healthcare operation while providing just the right model for your exact needs.
A variety of matching accessories, such as scanner stands, enable hands-free scanning and free up much needed counter or COW space. Regardless of the configuration, the entire SG20 line is priced for affordability and value.
Part of a Complete Intermec Solution
The SG20 can be quickly and easily configured with Intermec's exclusive EasySet™ PC programming tool. In just a few clicks, this Windows-based utility can print programming bar codes for custom configurations. Adjust security settings, symbologies, beeper tone and volume, LED color – even set up advanced data-editing routines.
Comprehensive Support Services Available
Intermec bar code scanners operate in dynamic business environments, and a support plan can protect you from unforeseen contingencies. Intermec Medallion® Service programs deliver the highest levels of productivity, device reliability, and uptime. Choose the right amount of coverage appropriate for your operations.
- Certified by leading healthcare IT agencies Cerner and McKesson, and compatible with healthcare information management systems, point-of-sale systems, iOS® and Android® devices, PCs, and common software platforms
- Features the industry's fastest 2D imager for highly responsive omnidirectional scanning
- Unique, ergonomic styling maximizes comfort and saves countertop space
- White scanner housing made of disinfectant-ready material
- Large LED provides effective visual operational feedback
- Wide range of affordable, multi-purpose accessories increase scanner flexibility
- Ambient Light: 0 to 100,000 lux
- Drop Survival: 1.2 m (4 ft.) to concrete
- Environmental Protection: IP30
- Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F)
- Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)
- Length: 20 cm (7.9 in)
- Width: 6.1 cm (2.4 in)
- Height: 6.5 cm (2.6 in)
SG20T: 125 g (4.41 oz)
SG20B: 175 g (6.17 oz)
- Battery Life: Minimum 8K scans from 70% capacity
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion rechargeable (1567 mAh)
- Recharging Time: 3 hrs when connected to external power supply; 6 hrs when slow charged from typical USB port
Min X Dimension:
- Min. Code Resolution: 4 mil (1D), 6.6 mil (2D)
- Min. Print Contrast: 20%
- Motion Tolerance: 500 in/s (SG20xHPHC), 400 in/s (SG20x2DHC)
Supported Bar Code Symbologies
- Australian Post, Aztec, BPO, Canada Post, Infomail, Codabar, Codablock A, Codablock A, Codablock F, Code 11, Code 39, Code 93/93i, Code 128 / GS1-128, DataMatrix, Dutch Post, EAN/UPC, GS1 Composite, GS1 DataBar Expanded, GS1 DataBar Limited, GS1 DataBar Omnidirectional, GS1 DataBar Stacked, Intelligent Mail, Interleaved 2 of 5, Japan Post, Matrix 2 of 5, Maxicode, Micro PDF417, MSI, Multicode, PDF417, Planet, Plessey, Postnet, QR Code, Standard 2 of 5, Sweden Post, Telepen, TLC 39
- USB: HID keyboard (with Apple iOS and Android support), HID POS*, IBM SurePOS*, virtual comm port
- PC keyboard wedge
Tethered (corded) versions