PX6i High Performance Printer
Smart, strong and secure, the PX6i delivers outstanding performance for round-the-clock mission-critical applications. Its multiple interface options, secure wireless connectivity (WPA2), CCX and WiFi certification, and support for IPv6 ensure easy integration and long-term scalability. Stand-alone Smart Printing eliminates PC costs and complexity, and enables quick ROI.
- Strong, all-metal construction and superior throughput for 24x7 printing in harsh industrial environments
- Ideal for high volume and compliance applications
- Modular design facilitates integration into automated labeling applications
- Smart Printing capabilities support stand-alone printer applications, eliminating PC expense and complexity
- All-in-one, user-selectable printer languages – Fingerprint/Direct Protocol (DP), IPL, ZSim and DSim – in every printer
- Secure wireless connectivity: CCX and WiFi® certified with WPA2
- Integrated Ethernet, USB host and device, and serial interface standard
- Internet Protocol v6 (IPv6) support
- Interchangeable print head provides choice of print resolution
A member of the smartest bar code printer family on the market, the PX6i is flexible and programmable, enabling customers to optimize their printing operations, streamline deployment, and achieve quick return on investment. Built to meet the needs of round-the-clock, mission-critical applications, the rugged PX6i delivers advanced connectivity and network protocols, ensuring peace-of-mind today and a reliable, scalable solution for the long haul. The PX6i High Performance Printer is part of Intermec’s complete line of smart, strong and secure industrial printers.
The PX6i's smart design features support increased productivity in demanding environments. As a Smart Printer, it can host stand-alone applications, developed through Intermec Fingerprint programming language, which reduce errors and streamline operational processes. Smart Printers can eliminate the PC and control other devices directly (such as scanners, scales, applicators), improving efficiency and decreasing infrastructure costs and complexity.
The PX6i's device management and diagnostic capabilities, provided through Intermec SmartSystems™ and Wavelink Avalanche™, reduce downtime and simplify deployment. With user-selectable, all-in-one programming languages (Fingerprint, IPL, ZSim, DSim), the PX6i fits with drop-in simplicity into Intermec or mixed printer environments. Its modular design facilitates integration into automated labeling applications and industry- standard connectivity options support fast deployment.
The rugged, all-metal PX6i delivers outstanding performance – up to 9 inches per second from first label to last – and incorporates features that reduce downtime and minimize maintenance costs. The PX6i is available with 203 or 300-dpi resolution. This is ideal for compliance labeling applications with variable data requiring immediate results.
An enhanced self-strip option delivers consistent performance across multiple media types. Replacing printheads is fast and easy, thanks to the magnetic QuickMount™ printhead design. The PX6i is co-engineered and tested with Intermec labels and other media products, optimizing performance when used with genuine Intermec media.
Multiple interface options are available, including the highest level of secure wireless connectivity (WPA2). Available with WiFi- and CCX-Certification, Intermec industrial printers help maintain wireless network integrity and reduce configuration time. Every printer ships with Ethernet connectivity, as well as with emerging network protocol IPv6, ensuring long-term, enterprise scalability.
The standard CompactFlash™ memory slot is complemented by new USB host and device support. Handy and PC-compatible, these memory technologies provide extra storage for Fingerprint programs, layouts, graphics*, fonts and firmware upgrades.
* Fingerprint only
Operating Temperature :
+5° to +40°C (+41° to +104°F)
Storage Temperature :
-20°C to +70°C (-4°F to +152°F)
10-90% RH non-condensing
• Ethernet 10/100 Mbps
• RS-232, up to 115.2 kB/s
• Fingerprint/Direct Protocol: XON/XOFF, ENQ/ACK, DTR, RTS/CTS
• IPL: XON/XOFF, Intermec Std. Protocol
• USB 2.0
• Parallel IEEE 1284
• Industrial Interface (8 digital in/out, 4 analog relays, 1 RS232/422/485 port)
• Dual Serial ports RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 and 20mA Current Loop, Applicator Interface
• IEEE 802.11 b/g
• Wi-Fi Certified, Cisco® Compatible(CCX) version 3 Certified
• WEP, WPA, WPA2, 802.11x (EAP- TTLS, LEAP, PEAP, FAST), 802.11i
• Multiple industrial antenna options for maximized coverage
Supported protocols :
TCP/IP-suite (TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, etc.), LPR/LPD, FTP, BOOTP, DHCP, HTTP, SNMPv3, SMTP.SNMP-MIB II supported (over UDP/IP), private enterprise MIB included. Supports IPv4 and IPv6
16MB Flash memory, 32MB SDRAM, 1 Compact Flash slot
1GB CompactFlash memory, multi-GB USB memory device (FAT16/FAT32 USB drivers supported)
482 mm (19.0 in)
238 mm (9.4 in)
335 mm (13.2 in)
14.80 kg (32.6 lbs)
90-265 VAC, 45-65 Hz
Consumption: Standby 20W; Continuous average 125W; Peak 400W
Max. Width :
167.4 mm (6.59 in)
Max Length :
4095 mm (161 in) at 203 dpi
2775 mm (109 in) at 300 dpi
Max Label Width :
170 mm (6.69 in)
2.4 to 10 mil
Roll-fed or fanfold
Label Roll max diameter :
213 mm (8.38 in)
Label Roll Core :
38-76 mm (1.5-3.0 in)
8 dots/mm (203 dpi)
11.8 dots/mm (300 dpi)
Print Speed :
100 - 225 mm/s (4 - 9 ips) for 203/300dpi
Media Type :
Direct thermal and thermal transfer label, ticket and tag printer. Also available with RFID.
Supported Bar Code Symbologies
All major 1D symbologies are supported.
All major 2D symbologies are supported.