System x3550 M5 server: secure, efficient, reliable in 1U
System x3550 M5 is the latest model in the System x server family. You can run even more workloads, 24/7, and gain faster business insights. Integrated with up to two Intel E5-2600 v3 series CPUs and industry-leading two-socket storage capacity, the x3550 M5 fast forwards your business. You can select from an impressive array of storage configurations.
- Max. two Intel® Xeon® E5-2600v3 series processors
- Max. 1.5 TB memory capacity with 1.2 V DDR4 memory DIMMs (when 64 GB LRDIMMs become available), 12% faster than the Intel specification
- Max. 10x hot-swap SAS/SATA 2.5-inch HDDs or SSDs (plus 2 in the back)
- or Max. 4x hot-swap SAS/SATA 3.5-inch HDDs or SSDs
- Support for Advanced Format 512e HDDs (pn 00NA271 or 00NA241)
- 12 Gbps hardware RAID expandable with extra adapters
- Max. three PCIe 3.0 I/O slots and one special ServeRAID PCIe slot for the first adapter
- Integrated Broadcom quad Gigabit Ethernet ports for high I/O capacity, plus optional ML2 for 10 or 40 Gigabit Ethernet ports from vendors like Broadcom, Emulex, Intel™, Mellanox, and QLogic
- Firmware is protected by Trusted Platform Modules (TPMs) and applications are secured by Intel Trusted Execution Technology
De x3550 M5 offers a flexible, expandable 1U rack system with max. 10 hard-disk drives (HDDs). In addition two HDDs can be configured at the back of the server. There are also models with support for max. 4x hot-swap SAS/SATA 3.5-inch HDDs of SSDs. For additional performance one NVIDIA Quadro graphics processing unit (GPU) can be installed.
Optimal performance and virtualization.
The versatile IBM System x3550 M5 blends outstanding uptime and performance for business-critical workloads, including cloud computing, virtual desktop and business analytics. The powerful server offers an energy-smart and easy-to-use rack solution with a pay-as-you-grow design to help manage risks. With more computing power per watt and the latest Intel Xeon E5-2600 v3 series processors, advanced memory support, and greater disk capacity for businesses requiring ample storage.
With redundant hot-swap fans, disks and power supplies, the x3550 M5 provides a resilient architecture ideal for business-critical applications. Predictive Failure Analysis and light path diagnostics proactively monitor the system’s sub-components and provide advanced warning on power supplies, fans, VRMs, disks, processors and memory. Redundant hot-swap components make it easy to replace failures without taking your system down. Light path diagnostics displays a visible warning light