What you’ve never understood about your computer is that it is scared to death of water, H2O, humidity or whatever you’d like to name it. And even though you do not see the water, actually there may be lots of excessive moist in the air killing your motherboard silently and slowly. No, your motherboard doesn’t melt when in contact with water like the wicked witch of the west, but it dies of short circuit. Luckily, ASRock has a new High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
DDR4 Non-Z OC
Overclocking DDR4 memory modules is no longer limited to Z170 models. With ASRock’s DDR4 Non-Z OC users may overclock the memory of H170/Q170/B150/H110/C232 models using certain memory sticks, such as Kingston or Samsung memory DIMMs. The enhanced CAS latency brings up to 5% performance boost.
Supports NVIDIA® Quadro and AMD FirePro Workstation Graphics Cards
Two PCIe Gen3 x16 slots that not only support ordinary graphics cards, but are also fully compatible with professional NVIDIA® Quadro and AMD FirePro workstation graphics solutions.
10 Power Phase Design
The power phase design offers smooth power delivery to the CPU, unmatched overclocking capabilities, lower temperature for advanced gamers, and reinforced system stability for taking on all sorts of arduous computing tasks.
Ultra M.2 32 Gb/s (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
The PCIe Gen3 x4 Ultra M.2 interface pushes data transfer speeds up to 32Gb/s. In addition, it also supports SATA3 6Gb/s M.2 modules, and is compatible with ASRock’s U.2 Kit for installing some of the world’s fastest U.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 SSDs.
UEFI EZ Mode
EZ mode is a dashboard which contains multiple readings of the system’s current status. You can check the most crucial information of your system, such as CPU speed, DRAM frequency, SATA information, fan speed, etc.
Intel® LAN provides the best throughput performance, lower CPU utilization, enhanced stability and is able to deliver ultimate network experience to users!
Unlike traditional motherboards that use analog power, this motherboard uses a next generation digital PWM (Pulse-Width Modulation) design, which provides CPU Vcore voltage more efficiently and smoothly, so that the stability and lifespan of the motherboard is greatly enhanced.
Solid Capacitor Design
ASRock applied solid capacitors on this motherboard. With these solid caps, this motherboard is allowed to perform more stably and ensure longer lifetime.
ELNA Audio Caps
Who says high quality audio is only available on high-end motherboards? ASRock applied ELNA audio capacitors on mainstream and entry-level motherboards! Compared with traditional solid caps, the leakage current of ELNA audio caps is merely 3uA. This is the key to reduce noise level significantly and satisfy even the pickiest audiophiles.
||ASRock Super Alloy|
- High Density Glass Fabric PCB
ASRock Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
ASRock Full Spike Protection
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
||- Supports 7th and 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors (Socket 1151)|
- Digi Power design
- 10 Power Phase design
- Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
||- Intel® H170|
- Supports Intel® Small Business Advantage 4.0
||- Dual Channel DDR4 Memory Technology|
- 4 x DDR4 DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR4 2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Max. capacity of system memory: 64GB*
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 2.0
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
||- 128Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support|
- ACPI 5.0 Compliant wake up events
- SMBIOS 2.7 Support
- CPU, GT_CPU, DRAM, VPPM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VCCPLL, VCCSA Voltage Multi-adjustment
| Audio, Video and Networking|
||- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video with AVC, MVC (S3D) and MPEG-2 Full HW Encode1, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel® Insider™, Intel® HD Graphics 510/530|
- Pixel Shader 5.0, DirectX 12
- Max. shared memory 1024MB*
- Dual graphics output: Support DVI-D and HDMI ports by independent display controllers
- Supports HDMI with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096x2160) @ 24Hz / (3840x2160) @ 30Hz
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI Port (Compliant HDMI monitor is required)
- Supports Accelerated Media Codecs: HEVC, VP8, VP9
- Supports HDCP with DVI-D and HDMI Ports
- Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with DVI-D and HDMI Ports
*The size of maximum shared memory may vary from different operating systems.
**Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
***Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
****Intel® InTru™ 3D is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
||- 7.1 CH HD Audio with Content Protection (Realtek ALC892 Audio Codec)*|
- Premium Blu-ray Audio support
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- ELNA Audio Caps
*To configure 7.1 CH HD Audio, it is required to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
||- Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s|
- Giga PHY Intel® I219V
- Supports Wake-On-LAN
- Supports Lightning/ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
- Supports PXE
| Expansion / Connectivity|
||- 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE2: x16 mode; PCIE4: x4 mode)*|
- 3 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots (Flexible PCIe)
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
||- 6 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 14 and Intel® Smart Response Technology), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug|
- 1 x SATA Express 10 Gb/s Connector*
- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket, supports M Key type 2230/2242/2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s)**
*If M2_1 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 will be disabled.
Support to be announced
**Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
Supports ASRock U.2 Kit
||- 1 x COM Port Header|
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion Header
- 1 x TPM Header
- 1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
- 3 x Chassis Fan Connectors (2 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)*
- 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector
- 1 x 8 pin 12V Power Connector
- 1 x PCIe Power Connector
- 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
- 2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x USB 3.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
*CPU_FAN1 and CHA_FAN1 can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
|Rear Panel I/O
||- 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port|
- 1 x DVI-D Port
- 1 x HDMI Port
- 6 x USB 3.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
- HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
| Other Features / Miscellaneous|
|Software and BIOS
- ASRock A-Tuning
- ASRock Disk Health Report
- ASRock USB Key
- ASRock APP Charger
- ASRock XFast LAN
- ASRock XFast RAM
- ASRock Fast Boot (Fast Boot, Restart to UEFI)*
- ASRock EZ Mode
- ASRock Full HD UEFI
- ASRock My Favorites in UEFI
- ASRock Instant Flash
- ASRock Internet Flash
- ASRock Crashless BIOS
- ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
- ASRock UEFI System Browser
- ASRock UEFI Tech Service
- ASRock Easy RAID Installer
- ASRock Easy Driver Installer
*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
||- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar|
||- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield|
- 2 x SATA Data Cables
- 1 x Screw for M.2 Socket
||- CPU/Chassis temperature sensing|
- CPU/Chassis Fan Tachometer
- CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature)
- CPU/Chassis Fan multi-speed control
- CASE OPEN detection
- Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore, GT_CPU, DRAM, VPPM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VCCSA
||- ATX Form Factor: 12.0-in x 8.6-in, 30.5 cm x 21.8 cm|
- Solid Capacitor design
||- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit*|
*To install Windows® 7 OS, a modified installation disk with xHCI drivers packed into the ISO file is required. Please see our
online tutorial or check our User Manual for more detailed instructions.
For the updated Windows® 10 driver, please visit ASRock's website for details.
||- FCC, CE|
- ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)