What you’ve never understood about your computer is that it is scared to death of water, H2O, humidity or whatever you’d like to name it. And even though you do not see the water, actually there may be lots of excessive moist in the air killing your motherboard silently and slowly. No, your motherboard doesn’t melt when in contact with water like the wicked witch of the west, but it dies of short circuit. Luckily, ASRock has a new High Density Glass Fabric PCB design that reduces the gaps between the PCB layers to protect the motherboard against electrical shorts caused by humidity.
UEFI EZ Mode
EZ mode is a dashboard which contains multiple readings of the system’s current status. You can check the most crucial information of your system, such as CPU speed, DRAM frequency, SATA information, fan speed, etc.
ELNA Audio Caps
Who says high quality audio is only available on high-end motherboards? ASRock applied ELNA audio capacitors on mainstream and entry-level motherboards! Compared with traditional solid caps, the leakage current of ELNA audio caps is merely 3uA. This is the key to reduce noise level significantly and satisfy even the pickiest audiophiles.
Solid Capacitor Design
ASRock applied solid capacitors on this motherboard. With these solid caps, this motherboard is allowed to perform more stably and ensure longer lifetime.
This ASRock motherboard uses a Realtek gigabit LAN chip to support extremely fast internet connections.
Supports DDR3/DDR3L 1866(OC)
Supports the latest DDR3 / DDR3L memory modules and most extreme memory performance!
Win 7 USB Patcher
Due to chipset limitation, when you want to install Windows® 7 on this MB, you may need to use “Win 7 USB Patcher” to create a new ISO file, or check this page for more details on how to install Windows® 7 OS.
Live Update & APP Shop
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop is designed for your convenience. We provide various apps and support software for users to download. You can also easily optimize your system and keep your motherboard up to date with ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
Full Spike Protection
Some sensitive digital components on the motherboard are vulnerable to power surges, the excessive current may cause your system to malfunction immediately. ASRock Full Spike Protection includes various technologies to prevent your motherboard’s components from being damaged by these unexpected voltage spikes.
||ASRock Super Alloy|
- High Density Glass Fabric PCB
ASRock Full Spike Protection
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
||- Supports 7th and 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7/i5/i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors (Socket 1151)|
- Supports CPU up to 65W
- Supports Intel® Turbo Boost 2.0 Technology
||- Intel® H110|
||- Dual Channel DDR3/DDR3L Memory Technology|
- 2 x DDR3/DDR3L DIMM Slots
- Supports DDR3/DDR3L 1866(OC)/1600/1333/1066 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
- Supports ECC UDIMM memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
- Max. capacity of system memory: 32GB*
- Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) 1.3 / 1.2
*Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows® 32-bit OS. For Windows® 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
||- 64Mb AMI UEFI Legal BIOS with multilingual GUI support|
- ACPI 5.0 Compliant wake up events
- SMBIOS 2.7 Support
- CPU, GT_CPU, DRAM, PCH 1.0V, VCCIO, VCCSA Voltage Multi-adjustment
| Audio, Video and Networking|
||- Supports Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals : Intel® Quick Sync Video with AVC, MVC (S3D) and MPEG-2 Full HW Encode1, Intel® InTru™ 3D, Intel® Clear Video HD Technology, Intel® Insider™, Intel® HD Graphics 510/530/630|
- Pixel Shader 5.0, DirectX 12
- Max. shared memory 1024MB*
- Supports DVI-D with max. resolution up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz
- Supports Accelerated Media Codecs: HEVC, VP8, VP9
- Supports HDCP with DVI-D Port
- Supports Full HD 1080p Blu-ray (BD) playback with DVI-D Port
*The size of maximum shared memory may vary from different operating systems.
**Intel® HD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.
***Due to chipset limitation, the Blu-ray playback of Intel® HD Graphics is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
****Intel® InTru™ 3D is only supported under Windows® 8 / 8 64-bit / 7 / 7 64-bit.
||- 7.1 CH HD Audio (Realtek ALC887 Audio Codec)*|
- Supports Surge Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- ELNA Audio Caps
*To configure 7.1 CH HD Audio, it is required to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
||- PCIE x1 Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s|
- Realtek RTL8111GR
- Supports Wake-On-WAN
- Supports Wake-On-LAN
- Supports Lightning/ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection)
- Supports LAN Cable Detection
- Supports Energy Efficient Ethernet 802.3az
- Supports PXE
| Expansion / Connectivity|
||- 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slot (PCIE2: x16 mode)*|
- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 Slot
*Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
||- 4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug|
||- 1 x TPM Header|
- 1 x Chassis Intrusion and Speaker Header
- 1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)
- 1 x Chassis Fan Connector (4-pin)
- 1 x 24 pin ATX Power Connector
- 1 x 4 pin 12V Power Connector
- 1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
- 1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x USB 3.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
*The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
|Rear Panel I/O
||- 1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port|
- 1 x DVI-D Port
- 4 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))** ACPI wake-up function is supported on USB01 ports only.
- 2 x USB 3.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection (ASRock Full Spike Protection))
- 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
- HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
| Other Features / Miscellaneous|
|Software and BIOS
- ASRock Disk Health Report
- ASRock USB Key
- ASRock APP Charger
- ASRock XFast LAN
- ASRock XFast RAM
- ASRock Fast Boot (Fast Boot, Restart to UEFI)*
- ASRock EZ Mode
- ASRock My Favorites in UEFI
- ASRock Instant Flash
- ASRock Internet Flash
- ASRock Crashless BIOS
- ASRock OMG (Online Management Guard)
- ASRock UEFI Tech Service
- ASRock Easy Driver Installer
*These utilities can be downloaded from ASRock Live Update & APP Shop.
||- Drivers, Utilities, AntiVirus Software (Trial Version), Google Chrome Browser and Toolbar|
||- Quick Installation Guide, Support CD, I/O Shield|
- 2 x SATA Data Cables
||- CPU/Chassis temperature sensing|
- CPU/Chassis Fan Tachometer
- CPU/Chassis Quiet Fan (Auto adjust chassis fan speed by CPU temperature)
- CPU/Chassis Fan multi-speed control
- CASE OPEN detection
- Voltage monitoring: +12V, +5V, +3.3V, CPU Vcore
||- Micro ATX Form Factor: 7.5-in x 6.7-in, 19.1 cm x 17.0 cm|
- Solid Capacitor design
||- Microsoft® Windows® 10 64-bit / 8.1 64-bit / 7 32-bit / 7 64-bit**|
*To install Windows® 7 OS, a modified installation disk with xHCI drivers packed into the ISO file is required. Please see our
online tutorial or check our User Manual for more detailed instructions.
For the updated Windows® 10 driver, please visit ASRock's website for details.
||- FCC, CE|
- ErP/EuP ready (ErP/EuP ready power supply is required)