Light Yet Durable Traveling Companion
The Acer TravelMate P648 is built to withstand the rigors of frequent travel. A high-strength carbon and glass fiber lid is light, yet strong, while the system weighs only 3.5 pounds (1.7 kg) and measures just 0.83 inches (2.12 cm) thin. The palm rest and bottom cover are made from magnesium-aluminum, allowing the notebook to handle extreme pressure and protect it from drops4. To maintain its high performance, a fan keeps the system cool and Dust Defender technology safeguards it from dust. A full-sized chiclet keyboard provides comfortable typing with 1.4mm travel distance, and a spill-resistant design protects the keyboard from accidental spills up to 5 ounces (150 cc). The keys are LED-backlit, so they can be seen in dimly-lit environments, such as red-eye flights.
Industry’s First Notebook with 802.11ad Multi-Band Wireless Connectivity for Networking
Featuring the latest 802.11ad multi-band wireless technology from Qualcomm Atheros, the TravelMate P648 can utilize the 60GHz band wireless spectrum to deliver speeds up to 4.6Gbps, which is up to 10 times faster5 than 802.11ac. With less latency, 802.11ad is designed to reduce the time delay of projecting wireless content from the notebook to a mere 30 milliseconds6. The multi-band wireless solution supports 802.11ac with MU-MIMO in parallel, giving up to three times7 throughput improvement for 11ac in typical multi-user scenarios.
Ideal Office Mate
The TravelMate P648 is ideal for travel as well as life at the office. In addition to a card reader and HDMI for connecting to an external display, it’s conveniently outfitted with a super-fast Thunderbolt 3 (USB 3.1 Type-C) port and three USB 3.0 ports with one supporting power-off charging. The optional Acer ProDock features a full gamut of ports for connecting a vast array of digital devices and peripherals, including two USB 3.0, DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet.
The new Acer TravelMate P648 models were designed to fulfill the rigorous requirements of commercial customers with 14-inch displays, offering choices up to Full HD with IPS technology and up to NVIDIA® GeForce® 940M graphics with 2GB VRAM. They also boast 4GB DDR4 memory upgradable to 20GB and ample storage space with up to 1TB1 hard drives or 512GB1 solid state drives (SSD). Optional RAID 0 SSD configurations provide fast boot times up to twice the performance than traditional SSD. The LED-backlit displays leverage ComfyView™ anti-glare technology to protect the eyes from blue light emissions and decrease eye fatigue.
Optimized for conference calls, the TravelMate P648 comes with a HDR HD webcam with wide view support, dual microphones and two speakers, a mute key, high-definition audio and Acer Purified.Voice for enhancing voice sound and reducing background noise and keystrokes. Near Field Communication (NFC) supports paperless payments and tickets.
Tight Security and Time-Saving Management Tools
The TravelMate P648 is outfitted with powerful security software and hardware as well as time-saving management features to simplify the service and upgrade of many of its internal components.
Acer ProShield Manager, a suite of both security and management tools, safeguards valuable data. It uses pre-boot authentication to protect the notebook from the BIOS to the application level. Users can create a Personal Secure Drive (PSD) to seamlessly store and encrypt all critical files, preventing data from being accessed if the notebook is lost or stolen. In addition, it provides an automated solution for managing IT assets remotely.
An integrated biometric fingerprint reader paired with a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2 reader protects the system from unauthorized access and a Kensington lock enables it to be secured to a desk.
Acer Office Manager (AOM), a manageability solution, lets IT professionals deploy security policies, monitor IT assets, and schedule maintenance tasks. Plus, Intel vPro with Active Management Technology enables them to administrate software and hardware computing assets.
The Acer TravelMate P648 commercial notebook line will be available to customers with Windows 10 Pro.
- With 6th generation Intel® Core™ processors, the Acer TravelMate P648 series commercial notebooks deliver speed and performance for maximum productivity and multi-tasking for business travelers and other professionals
- Industry’s first notebook to feature Qualcomm Atheros 802.11ad multi-band wireless connectivity for networking, for up to 10 times faster speeds than 802.11ac, and Thunderbolt™ 3 for ultrafast data transfer and 4K displays
- Built to withstand the rigors of travel, the series features an ultra-slim and robust design with 14-inch carbon with glass fiber-protected lids, spill-resistant keyboards and commercial grade reliability
- Powerful and secure computing with 512MB1 solid state drives and corporate-level features, including triple display support and leading manageability and security tools
- Multiple configurations to meet a range of budgets, the series offers up to an Intel® Core™ i7 processor with vPro options, Full HD IPS display and NVIDIA® GeForce® 840M discrete graphics
- Optional ProDock with a wide port range is perfect for use in the office
- Up to 8 hours2 of battery life, enough for a transcontinental flight