Ideas need great workstations.
Powerful 15” workstation with best-in-class power and storage. Featuring an optional 4K Ultra HD display, and the largest memory and storage options.
Heavy-duty processing and graphics performance
Windows 8 Pro.
Extreme processors: No task is too big. The Precision M4800 Mobile Workstation delivers no-holds-barred processing capabilities with high-performance 4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 and Intel® Core™ i5 processor options.
High-performance graphics: Responsive AMD FirePro™ and NVIDIA Quadro® graphics options with up to 2GB1 of GDDR5 memory keep pace with demanding 3D rendering and other graphics-intensive tasks.
Optional UHD display: Your work will look its best on the incredibly vivid 15.6" display, available with up to UHD 3840x2160 resolution.
Power optimization: Choose from optional AMD Enduro™ or NVIDIA® Optimus™ technologies to ratchet up your system performance when you need it, and save battery power when you don't.
Innovative, durable design
- WiGig docking: Wirelessly connect to your compatible mouse, monitor, keyboard and conference-room equipment with WiGig (Available only in select countries, please check with your local Sales Representative for more details.)
- Waves MaxxAudio Pro: Raise the sound quality of audio files played on your Workstation’s speakers or your headphones with this suite of audio tools.
- Intel® vPro™/AMT systems management: Remotely manage and update your Precision Workstation fleet with optional next-generation Intel® vPro™ technology.2
- Four USB 3.0 ports: Transfer files quickly with the speed of USB 3.0.
- Strong materials: Your Precision Workstation has an aluminum and magnesium alloy chassis that has been subjected to MIL-STD 810G testing to ensure durability.
- Easy Eject Drive Bay: Quickly remove your hard drive and swap it with another or store it separately for security reasons with the tool-free, easy eject primary drive bay.
From cyber threats to accidental system loss, the Precision M4800 gives you confidence that your critical data is protected by the latest technologies.
- Stop advanced malware in its tracks with Dell Data Protection | Protected Workspace.
- Dell Data Protection | Security Tools enables multifactor, single sign-on (SSO) and preboot authentication along with integrated management with your encryption policies.
- A FIPS 140-2-certified TPM is available for secure credential storage, and Dell ControlVault adds another layer of hardware security by isolating user passwords and credentials on a separately controlled hardware chip.
- Add the highest level of data protection with FIPS-certified self-encrypting drives.
Long battery life
Quiet-running dual fans — one for the CPU and one for the GPU — help increase component longevity and extend battery life.
Dell Fast Response Free Fall Sensor
Dell Fast Response Free Fall Sensor is designed to sense a drop from five inches or higher and park the reading head on your hard drive to help prevent damage to the drive and your data.
Your Precision mobile Workstation has been certified by leading software manufacturers for seamless performance in demanding professional software.
Improve productivity with Precision Optimizer
Different applications have different system requirements. Let the new Precision Optimizer take the guesswork out of customizing settings by automatically adjusting Intel® Hyper-Threading, number of CPU cores, graphics and power settings. Free with your Precision2 workstation, the Precision Optimizer automatically tunes your Workstation to run specific programs at the fastest speeds possible, enhancing productivity. Our engineers have created profiles specifically for the applications you use, minimizing the need to customize settings according to each application.
The Precision Optimizer works with some of the most popular Independent Software Vendor (ISV)-certified applications. It can generate real-time performance reports for processor, storage, memory and graphics utilization, as well as send a system report to IT for analysis. Connect to Dell.com through the Optimizer for easy identification of component upgrades.